Sunday, April 10, 2011

One of those times...

So my friend asked her husband why it's so hard to find friends that are just like them and it's kinda funny because i feel the same way about it. I've been living here in LA for a year now and still can't find someone that'll just be there for me whenever without it being a bother at all. Someone who doesn't mind going out of their way to pick you up, or drop you off. Someone you don't mind just hanging out all day doing random stuff and going with the flow.

I have made some friends here but they have either come and go. And each friend has their own things going on that they can't be there all the time. There's nothing wrong with that but I guess I'm looking for the "best friend" here in LA.

There's one who can't go out at night too much because they have a kid to take care of. Or the one that has kids and chooses not to go out because it's easier for them.

There's the ones who have husbands to go home to because the weekends are all they have with each other. Nothing wrong with that at all. Just sucks for me. Can't be selfish!

And then there's the ones who are just into drinking and sex and all that promiscuity that comes from alcohol. I don't like that craziness!

I mean, I like to drink every now and then. But my ideal situation is that I want the people I'm with, to be people that I know well enough, and trust well enough that can make the right decision when it comes to going home. I want friends that know how to handle themselves and would watch your back no matter what.

Maybe that's too much. But I do know getting relationships like that with friends takes time. But it's been a freaking year!! I haven't even been on a date in over a year. I've only kissed one person that whole time and I'll probably never see him again.

People say to put myself out there but you can't ask a guy to hang out without making them think that they're trying to get with you and then people just aren't interested in making new friends as much as I am. I DID try to hang out with a classmate but she pretty much just blew me off. It's so annoying.

I know I'm not completely alone. All my friends are scattered all over. Germany, Travis, Vegas, San Diego.....

Majority of my time is in this overcrowded city and yet I can't find a few peeps to chill with on the weekend. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment